Eyebrow tinting is considered to be one of the first steps towards a strong brow look. It allows you to pull off a bold natural brow, without all of the makeup. Eyebrow tinting is a good way to make your eyes look larger and lashes appear longer. It is the perfect solution for athletes or busy individuals who want a sharper brow but don’t have the time to do makeup.
What is eyebrow tinting?
Eyebrow tinting is essentially the idea of dying your eyebrows with a semi-permanent dye. Most people without experience choose to go to a professional to have their eyebrows tinted, but tinting kits can also be purchased for at home use.
What to expect during a treatment session?
- During your consultation, a small patch of hair will be tested to determine how your skin reacts to the dye
- The area around the eyebrows will be rubbed with petroleum jelly to prevent skin staining
- Tint will be combed through the eyebrows
- Tint will be left on for 10-15 minutes and then rubbed away with a cotton swab
- The entire process should take less than half an hour
Why do people tint their eyebrows?
- They change their hair colour and need eyebrows to match
- They notice grey hairs popping up in their eyebrows
- They want their eyebrows to look thicker
- They want to add definition to their face
How do you choose the right shade?
If you don’t have a lot of experience with eyebrow tinting, your beauty professional should be able to help you pick the proper shade. With that being said, if you want your brows to look natural, you should stick within 1-2 shades lighter or darker than your natural brows.
Is eyebrow tinting safe?
Eyebrow tinting is relatively safe, but it is always considered safer when performed by a trained professional. You should not attempt to dye your own eyebrows at home if you do not have experience. With that being said, if you do choose to carry out eyebrow tinting at home, you should always test some small patch 24 hours prior to treatment. You can use Vaseline to keep dye off of the skin, and use a vegetable-based stain to minimize the risk of irritation.
How long does a tint last?
Eyebrow tints last as long as a hair cycle (approximately 6-8 weeks). After this time eyebrow hairs will start to fall out and be replaced with new ones.