Lash extensions seem like something out of a dream – long, luscious lashes that allow you to throw away your curler and mascara? Yes please! But before we get too carried away with our enthusiasm, let’s answer the question you all want to know – how long does the dream last? To be totally honest, the answer to this question varies from person to person. Some people will tell you their lashes only last 2 weeks before they need a refill. But whoever tells you this probably isn’t caring for them properly. If you take care of your lashes properly, you should be able to get away with 3-4 weeks of wear!
So how can you make your extensions last longer?
- Avoid all water for 48 hours after application – this includes showers, saunas, steam, and even sweat! During this time period, the lash glue is still setting. If exposed to water your extensions could fall out prematurely.
- Sleep on your back – Sorry stomach sleepers, but this is one of the worst things you can do for your extensions! If you want your extensions to last, pressing them up against your pillow is a huge no-no! You’ll have to learn to sleep on your back.
- Avoid oils – Start using oil free makeup cleansers and products. Oil can affect the bonds of your extensions, causing them to fall out.
- Brush them – You wouldn’t walk around without brushing your hair, would you? Okay, maybe some of us do (or at least toss it up in a pony tail), but we can’t do this with extensions. Lightly and gently brush them every morning to keep them in tip top shape.
- KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF – Yes, we bolded this because it is super important in making your lashes last. Do not pick them or rub your eyes. They will fall out. Period.
So how long do lash extensions last? Anywhere between 2-4 weeks. After that you will need a touch-up. But again, it really depends on how much work you are willing to put into caring for them. Trust us, following the steps above will keep your dream from turning into a nightmare.