Did you know that the average person has between 90-120 lashes per eye? And when they opt for classic extensions, the length of each lash can be extended. But if you want to up the ante, Russian lashes can boost both the length and volume of your lashes. In classic application you apply 1 extension to each natural lash. But with Russian lashes you can apply up to 8 extensions per natural lash, boosting your volume by up to 8 times! Here are some more interesting facts about Russian Lashes:
- They are measured in ‘D’s – where 2D lashes are the equivalent of 2 extensions per natural lash, and 8D lashes are the equivalent of 8 extensions per natural lash. As you may have guessed, the higher the D, the higher the volume.
- They are lighter than classic lashes – Given that you can apply up to 8x more extensions that classic lashes, one might think that Russian extensions would weight down the eyes. But Russian volume lashes are extremely lightweight. How lightweight? 5 Russian lashes are about the same weight as 1 classic lash. So don’t worry, you won’t even know they are there!
- They are created on the spot – Russian lashes are applied by creating a ‘fan’ of anywhere between 2-8 extensions. These fans are created by your technician on the spot, which is why appointment times for a full set can run up to 4 hours.
- You can apply up to 700 false lashes per eye – thats a lot of lashes – and a lot of volume!
- They will change your makeup routine – Throw away your mascara and eyelash curlers because you won’t need them anymore. In fact, you probably won’t need your eyeliner either.
- They fall out with your natural lashes – Unless you pick them off or rub your eyes, your extensions will fall out with your natural lashes. Most people lose between 1-5 natural lashes per day, and a natural lash cycle usually lasts about 3 weeks. So expect a fill up before then.
And as a final piece of information, you should know that improper lash application can lead to damaged lashes – so choose your technician wisely.