Do you have a skincare goal? If we were to ask this question to a million women, our guess would be that many would say, “I wish I never had to wear makeup again”. Okay, well we can’t grant you this wish – completely. But we can tell you how you can get away with zero eye makeup – Russian lash extensions! The fuller version of regular lash extensions, Russian lashes draw people into your eyes without the need of any makeup. But when going for a Russian Lash appointment, there are some do’s and dont’s. Let’s take a look:
- DO shower before your appointment. You won’t be able to get your lashes wet for the first 48 hours following your appointment, so you’ll want to make sure you are all cleaned up beforehand.
- DO wear comfortable clothing. Russian lash extensions are very intricate and take several hours to apply. You’ll want to be comfortable during the procedure.
- DO remove your contacts. Your eyes will be closed throughout the entire procedure, and contacts could become extremely uncomfortable.
- DO turn off your cell phone. This is your time to sit back and relax. Cell phones will only interrupt your treatment and if you hear them going off you will be tempted to answer. Use this as your time to disconnect from the world.
- DO get a patch test if you have allergies. Some glues can cause allergic reactions and we’d rather see the reaction on a small patch of skin than on your eyes!
- DON’T wear makeup – It will just be taken off anyways, so you might as well save yourself the time and hassle.
- DON’T apply face creams or sunblock to the area. The oils within some creams can affect the adhesives in the clue, drastically reducing the longevity of your lashes.
- DON’T drink before you go. Russian lashes take several hours to apply, and you don’t want to be doing the pee dance in the middle of your appointment!
Finally, DO get excited – because these lashes are going to change your life!