The perfect eyeliner everyday? Yes please! And it’s super simple to get – Its called semi permanent eyeliner and its a form of cosmetic tattoo. Cosmetic tattooing is the perfect option for anyone who has shaky hands, who doesn’t have time to do their makeup every morning, or who simply doesn’t want to deal with all the hassles that come along with everyday makeup.
But for many people, the word “permanent” can scare them away. Here’s the good news, permanent makeup isn’t actually permanent – it’s only semi-permanent. In other words it lasts a long time, but will eventually fade. For some people this is a good thing. For others, they wish it would stay longer. So while the idea of permanent eyeliner only being semi-permanent can be good or bad, there are some other pros and cons of permanent eyeliner that are more black and white. Let’s take a look:
- Beauty benefits – aka: waking up everyday with your face already on.
- Benefits for those who have a difficult time doing makeup due to age, arthritis, or other conditions that may cause shaky hands
- It saves time and your makeup will never run!
- Can be worn by women who have allergies to makeup
- You look beautiful – round the clock
- There are risks. These include:
- Removal problems
- Allergic reactions
- Keloid formations
- MRI complications
- The procedure can be painful or uncomfortable (depending on who you ask)
- It is costly
- If you don’t like it, oh well – you’re stuck with it until it fades
- The healing process can be – well, lets just say its not always pretty.
When it comes to permanent makeup and eyeliner, there are pros and cons that must be weighed. Who you choose to do your makeup will play a big role in the outcome. Choosing the right beautician can increase your chances of liking the makeup and decrease your chances of running into complications. Choose your beautician like you should a boyfriend – very carefully!