How many hours do you spend doing your makeup every year? Spending even just 5 minutes a day may not seem like a lot of time, but if you spend 5 minutes a day times 365 days – thats over 30 hours a year just doing your eyeliner! But imagine if you never had to apply eyeliner again – that’s the reality of semi-permanent makeup. It sounds almost too good to be true, but we can’t forget that no cosmetic procedure comes without downfalls and risks. Here are some pros and cons of semi-permanent eyeliner:
- It’s extremely convenient – No more waking up half an hour early to complete your makeup routine – just wake up and go!
- Round the clock beauty – your makeup never comes off! This makes it great for the self-esteem.
- Smudge proof – one of the worst things about makeup is that is runs and smudges. This can be a huge hassle for women, especially athletes and swimmers. With cosmetic makeup, this doesn’t need to be a concern.
- No need to buy cosmetics. This saves time and money.
- Those with makeup allergies can now wear eyeliner too!
- No need to worry about poor makeup jobs because of unsteady hands
- You’re putting that needle where!? Yep, semi-permanent eyeliner is not for the squeamish. A small cosmetic tattooing needle will be right up in your eyes.
- There are risks – In a small number of cases permanent eyeliner can lead to skin reactions including peeling, blistering, and even permanent scarring.
- Unsterilized equipment runs the risk of infections like hepatitis and HIV
- Imperfect eyeliner can be difficult to fix
- It’s long lasting, which is a pro to many. But if you like to change up your look often, it may not be for you.
- It can be painful and uncomfortable.
Cosmetic eyeliner is a permanent procedure. In return, careful consideration should be taken before you commit. Weigh your options, speak with a professional, and do your homework before you make a final decision.