In today’s society, toxicity and pollution are major concerns. Every day the environment exposes us to any number of toxins in the air, water, soil, foods, and a variety of other things that are completely out of our control. As these toxins build up in our bodies. This build up can lead to premature aging and illness. This is why so many people are now turning to a new type of therapy that is said to help rid the body of such toxins – it’s called ‘ozone steaming’.
What is ozone steaming?
Ozone, sometimes referred to as activated oxygen, is a strong germicide which is naturally produced in nature. Ozone is the name for a molecule made up of three oxygen atoms. The molecule is unstable, however, and the third atom eventually breaks away. This leaves pure oxygen molecules in a stable form of two atoms. The single atom must attach to something. It is claimed that the single atom attaches to unhealthy cells, viruses, bacteria, and the like, causing them to neutralize. It’s said to be the same type of process that is used in water or air purification.
Steam has been used in skin purification and relaxation for centuries. As mentioned previously, our bodies are filled with toxins that build up on a day to day basis. Unfortunately, most of us don’t sweat enough to release these toxins on our own. Things like steam baths and saunas can help to aid in the process of detoxification by producing sweat and releasing toxins with it.
It is claimed that when ozone and steam are combined together in an ozone steam system, they can do amazing things. While the ozone works to kill pollutants, the steam triggers our body to sweat and eliminate toxins.
There are three components to an ozone steam system: the ozone generator, a high purity oxygen source, and a steam sauna. The oxygen is put into the generator, which produces ozone, which is then released through the steam sauna.
What does an ozone steamer achieve?
It is claimed that an ozone steam treatment:
- Cleanses the pores and thereby aids in the fight against acne
- Makes your skin more receptive to other skincare treatments
- Enhances circulation, giving your skin a natural looking glow
- Helps to remove toxins from the body
- Promotes relaxation – especially when combined with herbs and aromatherapy
- Loosens blackheads and pushes out dirt
- Generates a more youthful appearance
- Kills bacteria
How long does an ozone facial take?
- Normal skin. You should use a steamer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Oily skin. The recommended facial time is 8-12 minutes.
- Dry skin. The recommended facial time is 5-7 minutes.
- Sensitive skin. Do not use an ozone steamer for more than 3-5 minutes.
You should steam your face no more than once a week.